IMPORTANT: The ability to install/use Rapid7's NeXpose is only possible with the Pwn Pro Plus.
- Use SSH and login to the sensor using the pwnie user account.
- Next, type sudo su and press Enter, then re-type the password to become superuser.
- Next, ensure the sensor is capable of acquiring updates, is up-to-date and running the latest Pwnix Release. See support articles if necessary.
- From a different system, go to http://www.rapid7.com/products/nexpose/download.jsp and download the “Linux 64-Bit” installation package of Rapid7 NeXpose. Afterwards transfer the installation package to the Pwn Pro using a USB stick, SCP, WinSCP, or other file transfer method(s).
- After the update has completed and you are returned to a # prompt, change directories to where the installation package is located, then type chmod +x NeXposeSetup-Linux64.bin and press Enter to change permissions of the file and make it executable.
- Next, type ./NeXposeSetup-Linux64.bin –c and press Enter to begin the process of installation on the Pwn Pro.
- Upon completion of the installation process, from a different system, open a web browser and go to https://x.x.x.x:3780 replacing x.x.x.x with the IP address of the Pwn Pro Plus sensor.
- Once connected to the NeXpose UI, login using the account specified during installation, then proceed to configure as desired.